I’m Odinist. I guess one could say I’m Asatruar. I guess they are really all different ways of seeing and practicing the folkway. I’m not very familiar with Vanatru. I acknowledge that at the time that the Aesir and Vanir called truce that there was sort of a blending. A friend shared some information on Vanatru. It came after he read my blog on the Nine Noble Virtues. I wasn’t aware that there was a similar list for the Vanic crowd. They have 12:The Heathen Vanic Virtues:
- Beauty–The pursuit of beauty and elegance in thought, form and speech. Courage/Passion
- Zeal, vigor; the strength and courage that comes from a life worth living.
- Land-rightness–The recognition of nature and the environment as worthy of respect, care and reverence.
- Even-mood–Harmonious and balanced thought and action; tranquility, calm, serenity.
- Openness–The quality of being receptive to the world around one, non-judgmental and o pen.
- Wildness/Ecstasy–Music and dance; the nurturing of inner wildness and childlike being, being “fey”
- Love–The all-encompassing force; love for family, for kin, for humanity, for all beings.
- Frith–The peace and goodwill between people bound together; loyalty and the keeping of one’s word.
- Faith/Piety–The trust that the Gods exist and are worthy of our worship, and Their ways worth following.
- Giving–The binding of two parties into one common bond, generosity and hospitality.
- Joy–Wonder and innocence, the recognition that life is worth living, and worth living well.
- Brotherhood–The recognition that we – humans, animals, plants, spirits – are all part of the grander scheme of life, and we share a common heritage, as children of the Earth.
I guess these are something else to consider and think about. They definitely have good points and can only benefit the Folk.